The economic and financial changes we’re going through are unprecedented, and trying to keep up with it all is an impossible task. This newsletter presents some of the most important, interesting, and unexpected economic and businesses news of the week based on a set of statistics. This list is compiled by some of the economics and business experts at EvolvEd, who offer lessons in subjects from basic economics to stock picking (to much more).
- 40% of households with an income of less than $40,000 dollars a year have lost at least one job in the past few months. Only 13% of households with an income of over $100,000 dollars have lost one job since the pandemic began.
- 20.5 million jobs disappeared in April according to the Labor Department.
- 40% is the amount that Uber rides in Georgia and Texas are up since they hit their bottom April. States have opened up have seen a steady increase in mobility and spending.
- $5.7 billion is amount that Facebook invested in Jio Platforms Ltd in April. Jio, a mobile phone and data provider, is owned by India’s richest man, Mukesh Ambani.
- 27 stories is the height of the Ambani mansion in Mumbai.
On EvolvEd you can find experts to teach you the fundamentals of business, economics, stocks and many more topics. Go beyond the headlines by truly understanding what is behind the economics that governs our lives.
- Job Loss: https://www.wsj.com/articles/nearly-half-of-u-s-households-have-lost-income-since-lockdowns-started-11589997049
- Uber: https://www.wsj.com/articles/after-devastating-economic-contraction-glimmers-of-growth-emerge-11589626800