The economic and financial changes we’re going through are unprecedented, and trying to keep up with it all is an impossible task. This newsletter presents some of the most important, interesting, and unexpected economic and businesses news of the week based on a set of statistics. This list is compiled by some of the economics and business experts at EvolvEd, who offer lessons in subjects from basic economics to stock picking (to much more).
- 63% is number of Chief Diversity Officers at S&P 500 companies appointed within the last three years. The position has unusually high turnover rates due to an array of factors. Many former CDOs say they were dismissed after pushing for change.
- $10 billion is the amount that Google announced will invest in India with a new fund. The firm is hoping to profit from India’s innovative and rapidly expanding technology sector.
- 8% is the amount that Thailand’s economy is expected to shrink this year. This adds evidence to the belief that China’s economic recovery may not carry nearby nations out of recession.
- 5000 plus Walmart stores will require shoppers to wear masks starting on July 20th.
- 10,000 is the amount of workers that Chipotle plans to hire to increase its drive-through capacity.d
On EvolvEd you can find experts to teach you the fundamentals of business, economics, stocks and many more topics. Go beyond the headlines by truly understanding what is behind the economics that governs our lives.